Navigating our Changing World
- In October 2021, at the century-old landmark Plays and Players Theater, we “Followed our Gut with Kae Lani Palmisano” for an evening of discussion.
- In February 2022, we got to hear our world-renowned board president, Dr. Jill Weber, at Rex at the Royal about her discovery, “KUNGA: 4,500 Years in the Making“.
- In March, we attended a panel discussion about the “Silk Road, Then and Now” at the Gloria Dei historic site, moderated by Dr. Guner, our board member.
- In May, facilitated by our VP Alyce Stick, we took our Marco Polo travelogue series back on the road for “Crossroads of World Cultures; Colombia, Panama, and Paris; Reflections on Happiness and Travel” at the historical neighborhood opera house the Academy of Vocal Arts.
- With a museum tour and a reception at the Egyptian Gallery at PennMuseum in June, we honored the Explorer of the Year, Leon McCarron, to hear about his groundbreaking expedition, “Wounded Tigris: A River Journey Through the Cradle of Civilization.”
In 2021, we have presented a variety of perspectives on architecture and archaeology, explored through photography, and participated in conversations about Climate Change, and tasted wine with our board president, Dr. Jill Weber, a wining archeologist. We were also able to honor our Explorer of the Year, Taylor Demonbreun, in person!