Global talks, tours, and feasts
Highlights from 2020!
- Special Event – Preservation/Restoration: The National Museum of Brazil, Notre Dame de Paris, Palmyra, Gloria Dei Church
Feb. 27th @ Gloria Dei (Old Swedes’ Church). Co-sponsored by the Geographical Society of Philadelphia and the Historic Gloria Dei Preservation Corporation, join us for a program that will take place in the church sanctuary. An evening at the oldest church of PA Gloria Dei (Old Swedes’), a panel of experts who preserve and document historic sites around the world will share their insight and pictures, followed by a reception in Riverside Hall with live piano music provided by The Jazz Sanctuary.
- Special Event – Preservation: Water and Climate Change! Celebrating World Water Day in March 2020, GEO presents a panel discussion about the historical, ecological, social, and technological effects along our rivers. Date and location to be announced.
WE HAD A GREAT TIME in 2019!
- Special Event – Georgian Food and Wine Tasting Feb. 18th @ New Georgian House, in partnership with Les Dames D’Escoffier. Join GEO’s president and archaeologist, Jill Weber, for wine, food, and Georgian culture!
- Isa Betancourt; entomologist, photographer, and biodiversity explorer. March 5th @ Plays&Players Theater, Fool the Expert/Nerd Night…my bug is what?
- UN Speaker Series – Dr. Abraham Joseph, March 13th @ American Philosophical Society
Dr. Abraham Joseph, Senior International Strategic Advisor is an expert on International Economic Policy Development and Practice with three decades of experience at the United Nations and with the Governments of India and Timor-Leste.
- Marco Polo – March 27th – ITALY’s Sardinia, Puglia, Tuscany @Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti
- GEO’s 128th Legacy Event – April 17th @Union League
Honoring a true Philly Hero, Dr. Derrick H. Pitts; the Chief Astronomer and the Planetarium Director at Franklin Institute
- George Armistead, a proud Philly native, an author, birder, an international trip leader. May 1st, 2019 @ Space and Company