Sense-Sational World of Olive Oil
May 2 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm$75 - $100
Divine to the Greeks, delicious to the senses, indispensable to our Diets… discover the tastes, travels, and science behind Olive Oil!
Hear all about the oil:
- What is Oleocanthal and Why Should I Care?: Believe the hype and learn the science behind the healthfulness of olive oil with Monell Scientists Gary Beauchamp and Paul Breslin.
- Virgin Territory: Follow the exploits of olive oil across time and space with Sara Baer-Sinnott, President of Boston-based nonprofit, Oldways.
- Press On: Discriminating consumers will learn the differences in taste and quality between olive oils, how the oil is graded, and how it can be best-stored – all from from Eryn Balch, President of the North American Olive Oil Association.
Directly following presentations, guests will enjoy:
- An Olive Oil Tasting
- Small Plate Reception featuring olive oil in a variety of sweet and savory dishes
- Wine, beer, and specialty olive-oil cocktail included.
- Science demonstrations led by Monell Scientists.
- Special Olive Oil Raffle Items
- $75 for presentations, reception and gift bag
- $100 also includes name in program booklet, reserved seating, and a $25 tax-deductible contribution
A collaboration of the The College of Physicians, the Geographical Society of Philadelphia and the Monell Chemical Senses Center.