- This event has passed.
Sense-Sational World of Olive Oil
May 2 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm$75 - $100
Divine to the Greeks, delicious to the senses, indispensable to our Diets… discover the tastes, travels, and science behind Olive Oil!
The evening will be emceed by Emilio Mignucci from DiBruno Brothers.
- What is Oleocanthal and Why Should I Care?: Believe the hype and learn the science behind the healthfulness of olive oil with Monell Scientists Gary Beauchamp and Paul Breslin.
- Virgin Territory: Follow the exploits of olive oil across time and space with Sara Baer-Sinnott, President of Boston-based nonprofit, Oldways.
- Press On: Discriminating consumers will learn the differences in taste and quality between olive oils, how the oil is graded, and how it can be best-stored – all from from Eryn Balch, President of the North American Olive Oil Association.
Directly following presentations, guests will enjoy:
- An Olive Oil Tasting
- Small Plate Reception featuring olive oil in a variety of sweet and savory dishes
- Wine, beer, and specialty olive-oil cocktail included.
- Science demonstrations led by Monell Scientists.
- Special Raffle Items
A collaboration of the The College of Physicians, the Geographical Society of Philadelphia and the Monell Chemical Senses Center.
- $75 for presentations, reception and gift bag
- $100 also includes name in program booklet, reserved seating, and a $25 tax-deductible contribution